||The first official request for a post secondary institution in the Peace River country was initiated.
||The Public Junior Colleges Act was passed by the Alberta government.
||Organizational meeting of the Provisional Junior College Board.
||Government of Alberta enacted order-in-council No. 809 incorporating Grande Prairie Junior College.
||Henry Anderson appointed for one year as Dean of Grande Prairie Junior College.
||First complete staff hired.
||69 full-time students registered for inaugural year of GPJC. A total of 119 students showed up for the
November 23, 1966
||Official inaugural ceremonies, Grande Prairie Junior College.
||Board established a building committee to design a broad plan for college campus.
||Douglas J. Cardinal, architect, was hired to prepare a master plan of campus development for board
also: Douglas Cardinal Biography
||College renamed Grande Prairie Regional College.
May 10, 1971
||Sod turned for new college.
||Construction began on Cardinal building.
||Classes began in new facility.
||GPRC Theatre opened.
||Dorothy Rowles appointed new president of GPRC.
||New college residence, Anderson Hall, ready for student occupancy.
||Field, Field, and Field architects hired to design college expansion.
||Degree-granting status actively sought by GPRC.
||25th anniversary of GPRC.
||William McCracken appointed president of GPRC.
||Official opening of Phase II, GPRC.
||Gordon Gilgan appointed president of GPRC.
||GPRC offers its first degree, Bachelor of Applied Forest Resource Management
||Tom Thompson appointed president of GPRC.
||First on-campus Friendship Centre opened at GPRC.
||Al Bromling appointed president of GPRC.
||Student Village residence officially opens first pod.
||James Henderson appointed president of GPRC.
||College theatre renamed in honour of Douglas J. Cardinal.
||GPRC's Centre for Research and Innovation (CRI) is established
||Don Gnatiuk appointed President and CEO.
||GPRC designated a Comprehensive Community College.
||GPRC takes over the administration of Fairview College from NAIT, and the College is renamed GPRC
||The main road through Grande Prairie Campus named in honour of Dr Henry Anderson.
||Grande Prairie campus' Anderson Hall Residence is demolished.
||The 60th anniversary of Fairview College was celebrated with a pleasing attendance, and
numbers of alumni from the first graduating classes.
||Nursing SIM lab opened, providing the opportunity to learn nursing skills in a simulated situation prior
contact with human patients.
||Shell Canada donates equipment and buildings to GPRC's Fairview Campus for the Shell Canada
providing an authentic training experience for students pursuing oil & gas careers.
||Master of Social Work program offered at Grande Prairie Campus in collaboration with the University of
||Ribbon cutting ceremony for GPRC's National Bee Diagnostic Centre in Beaverlodge.
||President and CEO Don Gnatiuk honoured with a Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal.
||GPRC achieves eligibility to apply for research funds from the SSHRC, opening the door for a broad range
applied academic research at the College.
|March 4, 2013
||Classes for the Welder-Wire Process Operator apprenticeship program begin for the first time in
Alberta at GPRC Fairview Campus.
||GPRC's National Bee Diagnostic Centre begins accepting
samples for diagnosis.
||GPRC is awarded the Royal Architectural Institute of
Canada's 2013 Prix du XXe Siècle for the Cardinal architecture of the Grande Prairie Campus building.
||June 26, 2013
||Reunion of the Fairview School of Agriculture and Home Economics, classes of 1951 through 1954 held at
GPRC Fairview Campus.
||Dr. Robert W. Murray is appointed President and CEO.
||Evaskevich Centre for Health Research and Innovation is announced.
||Dr. Glenn Feltham is appointed Acting President and CEO.