Global Business Professional Certificate (CGBP Exam Prep)
Global Business Professional Certificate (CGBP Exam Prep) - Professional Development Certificate
This professional development certificate provides an overview of essential skills for conducting international business. It covers practical applications in many areas of management, supply chain management, trade finance, and marketing. Within each of these four areas, five "threads" or topics are covered: Documentation; Legal and Regulatory Compliance; Intercultural Awareness; Technology; and Resources. Examples of some topics include developing a global business plan, using technology to support global trade, the offshore procurement process, political and economic risks, and developing a marketing plan and budget.
This suite of courses can also be used for preparation to write the North American Small Business International Trade Educators (NASBITE) Certified Global Business Professional (CGBP) exam. Each of the four courses contains a 25-question practice exam as well as tips and documentation to help you prepare for the exam. The CGBP designation certifies that a candidate is competent in the four primary domains: Global Business Management, Global Marketing, Supply Chain Management, and Trade Finance; and capable of working with the level of expertise and professionalism that is required in today's competitive environment. For more information about the CGBP designation, or to book an exam, visit the Nasbite International website.
Learning and Career Growth
These courses will help you:
- Recognize ethical and cultural issues that are inherent in global activities and contribute to an ethical and cross-culturally sensitive business environment.
- Develop and/or assist in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the global budget.
- Understand principles of access controls
- Select appropriate methods, terms, and currency of payment to agents, sales representatives, distributors, suppliers, and international joint ventures.
- After evaluating foreign currency exchange risk, select, implement, and manage risk mitigation techniques to protect the company against fluctuation of foreign exchange.
- Optimize supply chain solutions to meet the requirements of the international business plan.
- Complete the documents required for international movement of product and services. Conduct market research in order to determine the best potential market.
- Initiate and manage global promotion strategies in order to support the global marketing plan.
Duration and Delivery
This certificate consists of four courses, each approximately 10 hours in length, for a total of 40 instructional hours. Courses are offered in a self-paced online format, and all courses in this certificate have an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
The total cost to complete the full certificate is $1,099 based on the current course fees. Fees are subject to change.
There are no admission requirements for this program. Courses can be taken in any order.
Complete all four required courses to obtain a Global Business Professional certificate. Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% in each course to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments. Upon successful completion, you can download and print a Certificate of Completion.
- Global Business Management
- Global Supply Chain Management
- Global Trade Finance
- Global Marketing
Courses in the 'Global Business Professional Certificate (CGBP Exam Prep)'