Cooperative Learning Program
The Cooperative Learning Program is an exciting addition to our Business Administration diploma program. Interested students will have the opportunity to complete a 12-week work placement with a participating employer. Practical experience is then reinforced with in-class instruction in the following semester. This optional program, intended to be taken between the first and second year of the Business Administration diploma, is an opportunity for students to apply classroom learning to the workplace in paid employment related to their field of study.
Employers who participate in the
- Get access to a supply of highly motivated and capable students to perform tasks or projects
- Accommodate their organization’s vacation schedules, transfers, promotions, training commitments, peak workloads or special projects
- Draw from the enthusiasm and fresh ideas that students naturally bring to the working environment
- Have a direct influence on the educational process. Suggestions on how to improve pre-employment training are encouraged and welcome!
If you can offer placement to Business Administration students in a position related to finance, accounting, investment management, marketing, commerce, or human resources, you may be eligible to become a partner on the program.
Students who participate in the
program will gain…
- Relevant employment skills and realistic expectations of the workforce before graduation
- Documented practical experience, a résumé, job search skills and a network of contacts upon graduation
- Financial remuneration
Spaces are limited and there are certain criteria you must meet to be eligible for this program. Please ensure you:
- Are available to work for 12 weeks at 35 hours per week, for a total of 420 hours between April and August.
- Have a first semester GPA 2.5 or above.
- Are enrolled to continue in year two of your studies.
If you are an employer or one of our Business Administration students interested in participating in the Cooperative Learning Program program, please email: